In this policy “we”, “us’ and “our” means Larissa Landinez ABN 80221188342, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
Please read this policy carefully as it describes the way in which we collect and handle your personal information. We may update or revise this policy from time to time. If we elect to update or revise this policy, we will post the date on which that revision takes effect at the end of this policy. Please be aware that you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products that depend on the collection and use of that information.
1. Our privacy commitment
We recognise the importance of, and are committed to, managing any personal information that we collect in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which includes the Australian Privacy Principles, and other Australian privacy laws (together, “Privacy Laws”).
2. How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. This collection includes through your:
- Entry into promotions or competitions;
- Answers to surveys;
- Signing up to our daily newsletter;
- Registration to attend events;
- Application for an internship or employment with us;
- Communications with us such as telephone calls and emails regarding
- Services and products;
3. What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect varies depending upon the purpose of the collection and the product or service we are providing you. Generally, we
collect the following types of personal information:
- Name and address; and
- Telephone/e-mail contact details
However, for certain purposes, such as when you buy any of our products, we will collect additional personal information such as your address and credit
card details.We generally do not collect sensitive information that is associated with an identifiable individual.
4. Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We will collect your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our business activities and functions, which includes providing a range of products and services to you, some of which are listed below.
4.1 Registration for digital newsletter subscriptions
We collect personal information from individuals who subscribe to our newsletter in order to send the newsletter and to confirm whether they would
like to receive promotional materials in the future.We will also seek your consent to send to you promotional material and special offers and to allow specifically selected partners to send to you offers of discounts or other benefits. Where you consent, we will periodically send you offers we consider may be of interest to you.
4.2 Sales Promotions, Competitions, Surveys and registration to attend our
We collect personal information when you respond to one of our promotions, competitions or surveys or when you register to attend an event in order to
inform you if you have won a prize, to place you on a guest-list to the event and to help us better understand what products and services you would like to
receive information about in the future.
5. Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We provide your personal information to third parties in order to carry out our business activities and functions. This may include:
- Organisations who are sponsoring or otherwise involved with or
- participating in a promotion, offer, competition or survey;
- Other companies or individuals we engage to perform functions on our
- Behalf, such as mailing a subscription, processing credit card
- Information, mailing information or prizes, data analysis, telemarketing, research and advertising; and
- With your specific and prior consent, to other companies or individuals for the purposes you have consented to.
- We ensure that any organisation which we disclose your personal information to is subject to appropriate contractual obligations to safeguard and protect your personal information and comply with all Privacy Laws.
- In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information where required or authorised to do so by law, including in emergency situations and to assist law enforcement agencies. We will always ensure that those to whom we disclose your personal information have the legal right to receive it.
6. How is your personal information secured?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. As such, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We store information both at an onsite secure server and at trusted third party storage providers.
7. Access to and correction of personal information
You can access or correct your personal information by contacting us using the ‘Contact Details’ set out. Please provide us with as much detail as you can
about the particular information you wish to access or correct, in order to help us retrieve it. If you wish to delete the personal information we hold about you, please let us know by contacting us using the ‘Contact Details’ set out below and we will take reasonable steps to delete the information, unless we are required to retain it for legal reasons.
- For statistical purposes in order to track how many users we have and how often they visit our website or apps;
- To provide you with a more personalised, convenient and interactive experience on our websites or apps;
- To track who has viewed an advertisement or clicked-through an advertisement; and
- To present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Alexander Thomas Media Co. The techniques our advertising partners (such as Ad-Roll) employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising. Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out our advertising partners may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but they won’t use it for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
We engage various analytic programs, including Google Analytics to analyse the performance of our websites and apps and to provide us with reports that contain aggregated, de-identified benchmark information that assists us to understand when, and how many times, you have used our websites or apps. The anonymous information assists us in the selection of advertisements for groups of individuals. We may also use Google Analytics features (including Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impressions Reporting, the Double Click Campaign Manager and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) on our websites. Google Analytics uses both first party and third party cookies to record standard internet traffic information such as when, and how many times, you have visited our websites or apps.
9. Third party websites
10. Anonymity and use of a pseudonym
You may request at any time that you remain anonymous, or choose a pseudonym, when dealing with us. To the extent that it is lawful and practicable for us to enable you to do so, we will grant such a request.
11. How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal information, please contact our team using the contact details set out below.We undertake to acknowledge and investigate any complaint promptly and will respond to written complaints within a reasonable time from the date of receipt. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Australian Information (Privacy) Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au). If you are dissatisfied with our response in relation to the way in which we handle your personal information in the course of our journalistic activities, you may refer the matter to the Australian Press Council (see www.presscouncil.org.au).
12. Contact Details
The Privacy Officer
Alternatively, you can send an email to our Privacy Officer at PUT AN INFO EMAIL HERE PLEASE